- Support of various data conversion and interfacing options, e.g. bi-directional data exchange with GIS
- Import converter: PSS/E, PSS/U, PSS/Adept, UCTE/ENTSO-E, Neplan (v4/v5), Integral 7, Elektra, ISU, NETCAL, NEPS, ReticMaster
- Optional1: CIM (ENTSO-E Profiles, CGMES) Import/Export including CIM Model Validator, PSS/E Export, PRAO
DGS1 (DIgSILENT-GIS-SCADA) is PowerFactory’s standard bi-directional interface specifically designed for bulk data exchange with other applications such as GIS and SCADA, and, for example, for exporting calculation results to produce Crystal Reports, or to interchange data with any other power system software. DGS does not support the exchange of PowerFactory execution commands.
- Available for PowerFactory Interactive Window Mode and PowerFactory Engine Mode
- User-specific definition of objects and object parameters
- Supported objects: elements, types and libraries, graphics and results
- Import and export of complete network models
- Import and export of incremental data for updating existing models
- Databases supported: Oracle, MS-SQL and ODBC System DSN
- File formats supported: ASCII Text (CSV), XML, MS-Excel and MS Access
OPC1 (OLE for Process Control) is an asynchronous communication and data exchange mechanism used in process interaction and is widely applied in SCADA and control systems. PowerFactory OPC-implementation assumes that the PowerFactory software is executed as an OPC-Client while the OPC Server is controlled via the external source. OPC server libraries are available from various manufacturers. An example of a freeware OPC-Server is that available from Matrikon (“MatrikonOPC Simulation Server”).
- Supported of the PowerFactory Engine Mode
- OPC-Client/Server exchange of any PowerFactory object parameter as well as any signal
- PowerFactory listening mode to receive any data or signal from a registered OPC Server
- PowerFactory sending mode to write back any data or signal to a registered OPC Server
API1 (Application Programming Interface)
The DIgSILENT PowerFactory Application Programming Interface offers thrid party applications the possibility to embed PowerFactory’s functionality into their own program. It offers direct access to the PowerFactory data model and gives access to thr varied calculations and its results.
Based on one single dll, the idea is to keep the interface as small as possible while providing all the necessary functions to manipulate objects and execute commands. Technically, the interface is realised in C++ and provided as a DLL that can be linked to any external application.
1 Not part of the base package; this function has to be requested separately.